Mitu
Me, going to my friends' homes to solve problems or to chat, and they used to come at my home as well ! But I never got inspired by anyone except my friend "Mitu". We met in 11th grade. Mitu and one of her friends "Anjana". (I will write about Anjana sometime later.) They both were from the same school, which is CBSE board school. CBSE board exams have the toughest syllabus when it comes to academics. And they both got a score of 98% in Maths. We all were new in the Junior College that time. I was happy to have such great friends around me. Mitu did not hesitate to help me or other students, even though we competed for the same exam ! She helped a lot to me in my 12th grade. When my Maths teacher left the school in the middle of the year. Mitu helped me by solving few of Maths exercises. The rest I did. But "destiny" played its part here. Even though Mitu helped me a lot, I got a little higher score than Mitu. Honestly, I could not enjoy my score. We both then went to pursue Engineering. Mitu was clear in her mind that she wants to go for Mechanical Engineering. Its her (or probably derived from her father) thought, that I like "concrete" things (which we can touch and feel) and NOT "abstract" things. I found that thought very powerful. However, I did not follow her exact thought. Since "Electronics" and "Computer Science" were newly introduced Engineering Branches that time, I thought I will go for "Electronics". (Since "Computer Science" may well be introduced and involved in all other branches). So eventually we all will get an exposure to it. So we both went in two different directions, in two different colleges. We rarely met. But I still believe, if Mitu being my batch-mate had not helped me in my 12th grade, it would have been difficult for me to pursue Engineering education. Today, I also think that me going for Mechanical could be good. I think, we should go for the CORE Engineering branches, which are Mechanical, Electrical, Civil. The other knowledge can be ramped up on, in a later stage in life. I used to visit Mitu's home few times. She had an eldest brother, then twin sisters (she was one amongst the twins) and then one youngest sister. Her parents followed a simple life. I found her family very close to my family in life-style. Mitu herself was a foodie. She liked her mother for her cooking and taking care of the children. And she also derives from her father's thinking. She was very worried when her father had a "By-Pass" in our Junior College. One of my favorite philosophical joke (humor) about Mitu to her sister, was about her "Sister's Glasses" at a very young age. Someone at my home asked Mitu, when she visited my home "Why your sister got glasses at this young age?" (probably, the concern was, is she watching a lot of TV?). Mitu's reply was "Probably its too late for her. She should have gotten the glasses early. Probably my sister thought the World always looks like THIS (blurred)". We laughed ! Mitu used to like my mother's Chivda and I used to like her mother's Chivda ! Any ways ... Great memories ! Should be cherished !
Comments
Post a Comment