Some Good Books in India - Written in English - Why Purchase?

  • How I taught my grandmother to read and write (Mostly Hiren and I got them from Crossword or other bookstore. I was an admirer of Sudha Murty since I was working in Bangalore. So I got her books after browsing through the store independently. Hiren used to get his books by browsing independently)
  • Wise and otherwise (same as above)

  • Wings of Fire (Actually I read this book in Marathi, which was suggested by my friend Bhavna. In Marathi, it is called अग्नि पंख. She suggested me during my Masters, over our girls hostel.)

  • Ignited Minds (After reading Wings of Fire, I got to know Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam as an author. So I think I got his another book during browsing the book store casually. I purchased it simply because I knew the author)

  • Autobiography of Vergese Kurian - Hiren and I came across this when browsing a bookstore in Mumbai. Since he was from Gujrat and Amul plant is in Gujrat, he was already knowing Verghese Kurian as an entrepreneur. So he suggested me to buy it. I was not aware of Verghese Kurian being the owner of Amul. 


  • Biography of Dr. Homi Bhabha - It was both of our choice Hiren and I. 


  • Train to Pakistan - Unfortunately I do not remember how I got this book. But I found it very thought provoking. And since I was very much interested in the history of India and Pakistan and their partition, I read it.


  • Speedpost - I think Hiren and I got this book just on experimental basis to explore Shobha De's writing. Shobha De already writes a column in TOI. So Hiren and I both knew her. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

आई बाबा

Robotics Ideas

Movement of the Robotic Arm