Monday, 14 September 2026

BCI - You are here ! (My Analysis)

Problem - How does the brain identify my location w.r.t. surrounding landmarks?

What do we do once we identify our location? Can we update the soft-map in the car based on the brain signals?

 

Location - 1 (home)

--------------------

Landmark 1

Landmark 2

Landmark 3



Location - 2 (bus-stop)

--------------------

Landmark 1

Landmark 2

Landmark 3


Location - 3 (market)

-----------------------

Landmark - 1

Landmark - 2

Landmark - 3


Location - 4 (office)

--------------------------------

Landmark - 1

Landmark - 2

Landmark - 3


- Say, I want to travel from home to office by car

- There are two major locations which I cross, while reaching the office. One is the "bus-stop" and other is the "market". There are other non-prominent locations on the way, which my brain does not emphasize that much.

- The "bus-stop" has 3 major landmarks surrounding it. If any one or all of the landmarks are identified, a signal is generated in the brain, which in turn identifies the location of bus-stop. 

- The "market" has 3 major landmarks surrounding it. If any one or all of the landmarks are identified, a signal is generated in the brain, which in turn identifies the location of "market". 

- Here the assumption is, the signal pattern is significantly different for landmarks across a known/prominent location than an unknown/non-prominent location which can be confirmed by AI/ML accuracy.

- Collect the signals in the brain, when my car comes across a known/prominent landmarks. Also, collect few signals when my car comes across unknown/non-prominent landmarks. 

- The "distance" is a function of number of times these prominent signals are generated (In our example, if I get a prominent signal two times, means I have reached the "market")

- Based on the number of such locations passed, identify the location where  you have reached. 


When I travel to a totally unknown place, I remember a few landmarks (suggested by a family member, or a travel guide or a paper-map. Assume that google map is just like the paper-map. It does not show us our location. Instead the location is updated when a prominent brain signal occurs). When I come across that landmark a prominent signal is generated in the brain. Based on which the "soft-map" in the car gets updated to show my location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I can not take care of the children, I will not have them

We can grow along with children, if children are cared properly. Especially when children start learning and if we learn along with them, it...