- If money was not an issue, what job will you do for free?
Educating students on a one-on-one basis and solving their issues (especially on the latest technology or soft-skills)
- How will a perfect Saturday look like to you?
Spend the morning alone over a beautiful beach. Cook a delicious dish for lunch. Listen to hindi film songs in the afternoon. Take a long walk in the evening. Talk to a close relative or friend on the phone at night. Sleep.
- Did you see any exceptional relationships growing up? What made them special?
I especially observed two families close by. Coincidentally, in both the families both partners were working.
The first family was my best teacher's family. I used to visit my teacher's home to clear any questions I had. I was received very well at her home. One day I saw my teacher's husband pampering their daughter. Their daughter was one year older than me. And that day, she was upset for some reason. Her daddy (my teacher's husband) was pampering her and consoling her to not be upset. The whole incident was so impactful. Its very rare to see that kind of father-daughter relationship where a woman's emotions/mood is respected so much. I must be 13 to 14 years old then. Generally, in and after that age, a woman's emotions are taken for granted, thinking that they are only "mood swings" and they will get "adjusted' over a period of time. In such circumstances, the father-daughter relationship which I saw, really mattered in my life.
The second family was one of my batch-mate's family. His mother was also a teacher and quite a capable woman. Father was holding a business. I found his mother was having very clear thoughts about what she "likes" and "does not like" as behaviour patterns. I still remember when she said, "I really don't like to speak in the morning. I like to quietly do my work. Then I go to school. And I start speaking in a day, only when I start teaching in school". I found that as a very powerful thought as a 15 or 16 year old me. Her son, who was my batch-mate never used to serve food to himself. He always needed his mother to serve him food. His mother (the teacher) was quite upset with his behaviour. However, till the time I visited her, he had not improved! In this family the husband and wife's relationship was quite good. Very understanding couple. I was well received at their home. I used to visit them because I really liked the family and his mother's teachings/philosophy towards life.
I think, in both the above families, the common pattern was "the woman was quite strong and capable"! That created very "value oriented families"
can you please elaborate more on "the common pattern was "the woman was quite strong and capable"! That created very "value oriented families" with more details in above blog? would love to see what are those values needed in familes and what does strong capable woman means. how woman can be stong capable in current world if then are not. also how to identify them.
ReplyDeleteStrong and Capable - Skilled person - Skills in Arts/Science/Technology in any field. If the woman is also spiritual, its an added advantage
DeleteFamily Values - Integrity, Unity, Care, Knowledgeble and Knowledge Seekers
As we all know "A man is known by the company he keeps". So his/her company will surely give an idea about the person. "Company" need not be a person. It can be "books" or "pets" also.